Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day #3- Wednesday -3 Days until the Race

Julie is out of town on business, so this morning I had to be a big boy and wake myself up without any help. I half-way succeeded. My alarm rang promptly at 5:30. However, I laid in bed for at least 10-15 more minutes before getting up. There was never any doubt in my head that I was going to get up, but I was hoping that a miracle would happen and I would instantly hate laying in bed. That didn’t happen, but I got up and ran anyways.



The run this morning was definitely better than yesterday, but still a little rough. Monday’s run was the best this week, but ever since I have struggled. This morning I kept thinking to myself ‘why in the world are you listening to classical music while you are running?’. For some reason, classical wasn’t doing it for me today. I stuck to it but I couldn’t find a good song to motivate me. So, maybe that is why today was a little rough?


I also have a hard time focusing on my pace when there are tons of little bunnies on the side or middle of the trail that won’t move. One spot in particular, I ran into two bunnies. I don’t know if they were boyfriend and girlfriend or just friends or friends with benefits or neighbors or whatever, but they were sticking awfully close to each other and parked themselves right on the middle of the trail (in my path). As I got closer, I figured they would move but they didn’t. It’s not so much that I am scared of the bunnies, I just don’t want to get up to them and they jump in front of me and/or I smash their pretty little bunny faces (which probably wouldn’t happen, but it made me giggle as that thought crossed my mind this morning). These two bunnies would not move. So here I am in the middle of the trail clapping my hands and flailing my arms and shouting for them to get out of my way as I am jogging closer to them. I was probably a step away from making rabbit pancakes. They moved but they didn’t scurry off. It was more of a ‘I’ll move only because you look fat and would probably inflict some pain, but I’m not happy about it’. I hope nobody was watching.


Anyways…. I hit two walls this morning. Once half way and again about ¾ finished. My main motivation this morning was to finish under 30 minutes. When I hit the second wall, I really slowed down. My legs were heavy and I was really sucking air. I only allowed myself to slow down for about 30 yards and then I kicked it back into high gear. I ended up finishing in under 30 minutes. That run was a success, but I didn’t feel as good as I would have liked.


The plan for the rest of the week is to run again on Thursday morning and then take Friday off. Originally, I was going to run on Friday too, but since my shins have been burning on my runs, it might benefit me to take a day of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment