Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 2- Tuesday- 4 Days until the Race

This was a bad morning for running. Firstly, we forgot to set our alarms so instead of starting our run at 5:30, we ended up starting at 6:10. I could only get about ¼ of my normal run in so that I could get home and be ready for work. It’s probably a blessing in disguise because my shins were killing me this morning. I had problems with them earlier this spring, but they haven’t really bothered me much as of late. So maybe an easy day will help them heal. Plus, this morning was a bit muggy. Usually the mornings feel brisk, almost to the point where it’s chilly, but this morning it was almost as bad as running in the afternoon. It didn’t take long to break a sweat.

Mostly I jogged at a slower rate as I talked with Julie, but I was able to get a little interval training in. I broke away from her a couple of times in a sprint. I can run a full 5K, but I have a little problem with stamina when I pick up my speed. I know that I am not going to fix that problem by the race this week, but this is the main thing I have been working on since I have started training. I need to be able to maintain a faster pace without hitting those ‘walls’. Yesterday was a good day for this, but this morning I could feel myself getting really tired… and it was only a short distance that I ran.


Tomorrow morning is going to be rough for me. Julie is going to be out of town and that means that I won’t have her to push me out of bed when I don’t want to get up. It will be a true test of my willpower.

No comments:

Post a Comment