Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hurray for Running!!!

Supposedly this is a running blog, but for the last 2-3 weeks, we haven't run.  Shame on us.  Let me get my excuses out of the way now....

1. The weather in Ohio has been horrible the last couple of weeks. 
2. My shins have been killing me.
3. We needed new shoes.
4. My schedule didn't allow for us to run on certain days.
5. Teddy needed more mommy/daddy time.
6. We will run so much when it's warm, we might as well enjoy not being able to run.
7. The NCAA basketball tournament was taking up most of my time.  I had to study for my brackets.
8. We were busy trying settle NFL lockout.

I could keep going, but I will save it for future posts. 

So we are pleased to announce that we went for our first run tonight.

The problem with Julie and I, is that when one of us doesn't want to run, the other follows suit.  We have made a pact that if one doesn't want to go, that the other has to remain strong and push the other to run anyways.  Tonight, it was Julie's turn to push me.  I wanted to run, but it was cold out.  And as we all know, I am a little girl when it is cold out.  She told me to bundle up and pack up my barbies... we are going for a run. 

So a-running-we-did-go.  It wasn't a very far run, nor was it a very fast run (it wasn't a warm run either), but it was a run.  The thing that we often times forget is how good it feels to run.  The gratification of sitting on our butts all night does not compare to the feeling of accomplishment one gets after burning some calories. 

We are both very pleased with our new running shoes (and of course our bondi bands).  Altogether, it was as successful as it could have been for our first run of the spring. 

If you haven't been able to get out and run yet, we hope that you too can get our soon and knock off some of the winter cobwebs.

3 comments:

  1. Make running a lifestyle! And invest in a treadmill, then you won't have any excuses. I watch TV, listen to the radio, ect... when I run on the treadmill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually have a treadmill; but I'm convinced treadmills are a form of ancient torture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A runner does what a runner has to do to stay in shape and peak running condition. Another excuse from the weak minded! Baahahahaaa!

    ReplyDelete